Tissue origin : Cortico-cancellous heterologous bone mix
Tissue collagen : Preserved plus an additional 40% collagen gel
Physical form : Collagen gel type I and III loaded with 60% bone mix
Composition : 60% granulated mix, 40% collagen gel
Granulometry : Up to 300 µm
Re-entry time : About 4 months
Packaging : Syringe: 0.5 cc, 3x0.5 cc
Product codes : 05GEL40S | 1 Syringe | 0.5 cc | Porcine 05GEL40E | 1 Syringe | 0.5 cc | Equine 15GEL40S | 3 Syringes | 3x0.5 cc | Porcine
GMDN code : 46425
Gel 40 is made of a collagen matrix (type I and III) obtained using an exclusive Tecnoss® process, loaded for 60% of its volume with micronized heterologous bone (granulometry up to 300 µm). Thanks to its collagen component, Gel 40 facilitates the formation of primary blood clot and the subsequent invasion of repairing and regenerative cells; moreover, the cortico-cancellous component provides the necessary scaffold function. The collagen gel component contained in Gel 40 is rapidly and totally resorbed; it is also endowed with exceptional anti-inflammatory, eutrophic and cicatrizing properties. This lipophilia is due mainly to a percentage of polyunsaturated fatty acids of the oleic-linoleic series (to which Omega 3 also belongs) directly derived from the raw material. Such components possess a valuable antioxidant action on the free radicals and therefore aid tissue regeneration.
The distinctive characteristics of viscosity and density of Gel 40 facilitate the handling of the product by the operator, providing a glue-like support. If viscosity is excessive, add a few drops of sterile lukewarm saline and then re-mix thoroughly to obtain the desired density.
The exclusive Tecnoss® manufacturing process guarantees an exceptional malleability and plasticity: furthermore the syringe packaging provides Gel 40 extraordinary handling properties making this product the ideal choice for crestal access sinus lift(1,2), deep and narrow peri-implant defects(3), three-wall intrabony defects and, in combination with Evolution membranes, for gingival recessions(4). Furthermore, the Tecnoss® manufacturing process avoids granules ceramization, allowing a progressive resorption of the biomaterial and, at the same time, an adequate new-bone formation rate(5,6). Gel 40 “soft” consistency also guarantees an easy and healthy soft-tissues healing.
(1) BARONE A, CORNELINI R, CIAGLIA R, COVANI U IMPLANT PLACEMENT IN FRESH EXTRACTION SOCKETS AND SIMULTANEOUS OSTEOTOME SINUS FLOOR ELEVATION: A CASE SERIES INT J PERIODONTICS RESTORATIVE DENT, 2008 JUN; 28(3):283-9
(2) SANTAGATA M, GUARINIELLO L, RAUSO R, TARTARO G IMMEDIATE LOADING OF DENTAL IMPLANT AFTER SINUS FLOOR ELEVATION WITH OSTEOTOME TECHNIQUE: A CLINICAL REPORT AND PRELIMINARY RADIOGRAPHIC RESULTS J ORAL IMPLANTOL, 2010; 36(6):485-489
(3) COVANI U, CORNELINI R, BARONE A BUCCAL BONE AUGMENTATION AROUND IMMEDIATE IMPLANTS WITH AND WITHOUT FLAP ELEVATION: A MODIFIED APPROACH INT J ORAL MAXILLOFAC IMPLANTS, 2008 SEP-OCT; 23(5):841-6
(4) CARDAROPOLI D, CARDAROPOLI G HEALING OF GINGIVAL RECESSIONS USING A COLLAGEN MEMBRANE WITH A DEMINERALIZED XENOGRAFT: A RANDOMIZED CONTROLLED CLINICAL TRIAL INT J PERIODONTICS RESTORATIVE DENT, 2009 FEB; 29(1):59-67
(5) NANNMARK U, AZARMEHR I SHORT COMMUNICATION: COLLAGENATED CORTICOCANCELLOUS PORCINE BONE GRAFTS. A STUDY IN RABBIT MAXILLARY DEFECTS CLIN IMPLANT DENT RELAT RES, 2010 JUN 1; 12(2):161-3
(6) LORENZON G, BUTTARELLO GM, CHESSA G CASE REPORT: IMPLANT PLACEMENT AND IMMEDIATE LOADING WITH SIMULTANEOUS BONE REGENERATION FOLLOWING JAW ODONTOGENIC CYST ENUCLEATION DENTISTRY, 2015, 5:2